27.10.05

truth, truth and statistics

numbers don't always tell the story, they say, but they're fun indicators, aren't they?
THE TURKEY TRIP IN NUMBERS

nights in turkey : 10
days in turkey : under 10
hours in turkey : 238.5
towns visited in turkey : 3

flights : 4
flights on time : 0
airports : 3
types of public transport taken : 6
cross-country km travelled : 1886
long bus rides : 3
nights in a bus : 2
ferry rides : 3
swims : 3
distance walked on the trip : app. 50km

meals in turkey : 29
kebaps consumed : 6
patlican (eggplant) dishes tried : numerous!
pides consumed : 7
olives at a meal : 11 times
lokum eaten : 2
cups of cay consumed : 7
beers consumed : 28
raki consumed : 90ml
vodka consumed : 750ml

historical sites/monuments : 9
museums : 2
beaches : 1
islands seen : 12?
mosques seen : countless
minarets pointed out : countless
oldest thing seen : 400-something BC

weather on arrival : 15 Celsius
coldest during stay : 9.7 Celsius (!!!)
hottest during stay : app 22 Celsius?
average Istanbul temp : 15.02 Celsius
(during our days there)
cloudy days : 2
sunny days : 8

phone calls made : 2
phone calls received : 0
no. of times net acessed : 0
no. of hours tv watching : 0
interesting people met : 11
email ids/contacts : 5
postcards sent : 9
photos taken : 921


in : / /

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow!! We went to ephesus too...part of the 7 ancient wonders (or modern as well?). I ate 10 Iskender kebabs in the 6 days we were there. Also went for a turkish hamam, which was terrible...a guy stripped me naked and put on a marble table full of soap water and proceeded to drag me to all parts of the table in the name of a massage...disgusting!
The ship ride on the bosphorous river and visit to Aya Sofia and Top Kapi were outstanding! pls tell me more....

October 27, 2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger shakester said...

10 in 6 days? wow, maddy...

October 27, 2005 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The carnivore in me came alive!
are'nt turkish women really pretty :)

October 27, 2005 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that we me again...keep forgetting to enter me name

October 27, 2005 12:22 PM  
Blogger D said...

hello maddy!
what about adana kabab? did you not try it? it is AWESOME.

October 27, 2005 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome stats breakdown. Even my non-mathematical mind is impressed.

October 27, 2005 11:58 PM  
Blogger Sonal said...

no. of times net acessed : 0
no. of hours tv watching : 0

Appeals to me the most!!!! :D

October 28, 2005 1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eggplant dishes are my favorite.

Great stats... I should do that next time I go travelling.

Gah, though, I am jealous. I know, the letdown after coming back is harsh. Life became so much suckier after Paris, but it was the first push that lead me to quitting the job that was sucking the life out of me.

October 28, 2005 2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon, you think we have a mathematical bent?! :))

sonal, we had the chance believe me, to access the net- there was just nothing in us that wanted to...

anna- another eggplant lover! yeah, the hangover sucks dunnit. reminiscing and hope keep youi going (i think...)

October 28, 2005 8:33 AM  
Blogger Penny Lane said...

I am so surprised at this temperature in Turkey... I always thought it'd be HOT HOT HOT!

October 31, 2005 4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was also really happy with the baingan, so only 6 kebaps....:)

October 31, 2005 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home