26.10.05

back

My body is letting go. Exhaustion is creeping in to every limb with a permanency borne of normalcy, normal days in the offing. My mind knows I am back. My mind knows it is over. My body accepts it and lets go, my mind is still struggling to.

When I see the map of Turkey on my desktop and feel the pangs as I read the place names; when I almost say ‘tesekur ederim’ and not ‘thank you’ to people here; when I wake at 9am and think ‘that’s late!’; when I feel my limbs ache and don’t have the automatic will to not care about them; I know it is over.

Turkiye was so very special for me, I hope to write about it for days and days. But even more, I hope to remember it, preserve it, cherish it. When your dream of travelling, and travelling with someone in particular, comes true after years of talking about it (and yet quite quickly, actually), you know it is special. So there is a veneer of magic that pervades everything, irrespective- and when that layer finds itself covering days full of a magic of their own, you know you are not merely doing something you have wanted to, you know you are blessed.

in: /

5 Comments:

Blogger Anirban Blah said...

Start writing professionally. Seriously. You're getting spectacular at it.

October 26, 2005 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Blah... you write very well...I think it's the D effect :)

October 27, 2005 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me...

October 27, 2005 9:17 AM  
Blogger D said...

haha - far from it maddy!
:) if i am the "D" you mentioned that is

October 27, 2005 1:08 PM  
Blogger hakuna matata said...

was at a pub in boat quay last night. i went "merci" instead of thank you when my drink was served. so you're not alone there..

October 28, 2005 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home