28.9.05

mornings

The other day I woke at about 6.10am to say bye to Arjun chacha. D had already woken. I struggled to wake, aware of the grey skies outside only touched by the first rays of the sun, if even that. I was aware it was very early, and was aware my body was protesting at this unearthly act- waking so early. But I was also aware of something else.

At another level, my mind was lying semi-omatose on the bed and thinking –is this how I will wake on the trip? For those days will not be meant for lolling and long sleep-ins. There will be alarms and early mornings and buses to be caught and places to be visited and even sunrises to be seen, maybe. I lay there more than half asleep, struggling to get my eyes open, my body agreeable, knowing I should wake before he leaves; yet also thinking- will I need kapi (is that even correct) to wake up completely? I am not so sure about a few things:
1. I will probably be up and about much more easily knowing what I am waking for
2. I might still want a coffee- that’s almost obvious.
3. In all probability, we will not have money for morning coffees

Any which way, I can’t wait.
ps- It is not correct- coffee is kahve.

cross posted on sing ahoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger D said...

what??? we wont even have money for morning coffee :( are we that poor? how did i not realise this?

September 28, 2005 6:26 AM  
Blogger shakester said...

:)
i think that money would be better spent on doners for you and feta for me, o D...

(and btw- you know as much, if not more of the budget as i do)

September 28, 2005 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home